Government investigations and criminal prosecutions can have a devastating impact on individuals and companies. Our Government Investigations and Criminal Defense team is comprised of experienced and respected trial attorneys who are poised to respond to any situation that threatens an individual’s reputation or liberty or a company’s financial well-being. The investigative knowledge, professional reputation, and courtroom experience of our attorneys have enabled us to achieve an exceptional track record of closing investigations, avoiding prosecutions, obtaining successful outcomes in court, and otherwise achieving favorable results for our clients.
Our experienced team – a distinguished blend of former government prosecutors and career defense attorneys who practice in state and federal court – is uniquely equipped to advise and guide individuals and companies confronted with grand jury subpoenas, white-collar investigations, criminal prosecutions, or administrative, regulatory, or disciplinary proceedings.
We regularly represent clients in connection with the following matters:
- Federal and state grand jury proceedings
- Alleged economic crimes and financial fraud
- Alleged public corruption
- Internal corporate or company investigations
- Alleged felony offenses, including sexual assaults or death-related crimes
- Health care fraud, compliance, and related enforcement matters
- Licensing, medical board registration, and related regulatory investigations
- Opioid and other drug-related investigations
- School and university due process litigation, including Title IX investigations and disciplinary proceedings
- Alleged environmental crimes
As situations evolve through the investigative process, we collaborate with other appropriate practice areas within the firm – such as our employment, business litigation, and family law groups – to provide our clients with the necessary advice and support. Our experienced and knowledgeable business litigation practice regularly assists individual and corporate clients confronted with the challenges presented by simultaneous criminal and civil proceedings.
Our extraordinary reputation within the criminal justice system and the legal community is underscored by the professional working relationships we have established with government prosecutors, law enforcement investigators, agency and regulatory officials, and court officials. We are proud that our Government Investigations and Criminal Defense Practice Group and many of its attorneys are routinely recognized for professional excellence by their peers, Best Lawyers, Super Lawyers, and others within the criminal justice system.